I share these moments with you.
What happens when you find a vintage Halston coat at the Goodwill:
- Hungrily scan the area around you to ensure there's no other shoppers waiting to snag your score,
- and leave, dejected, when you discover a giant hole in the back of the coat.
What happens when you get bored at work:
- Try on all of the rings,
- fall in love with the most gargantuan turquoise one,
- and leave, dejected, because said ring costs more than your grocery bill for the week.
What happens when you get the opportunity to style a vintage clothing shoot for an online magazine:
- Panic when you realize you have NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE DOING.
- take a deep breath and pull 1920's, 50's, 70's, and 80's looks off the racks, including a diaphorous gown so breathtaking you nearly forget where you are,
- become momentarily distracted and stare vacantly at the models for awhile because, frankly, they're so freakishly beautiful they seem otherwordly.
What happens when you find the most perfect Ferragamo bow flats that aren't your size:
- Curse the heavens,
- attempt in vain to make your size 6 feet fit a size 7.5 shoe,
- and post them for sale on Poshmark. (Seriously. My Poshmark closet can be found under my username elissastern. Download the app and shop away. Lots of vintage and designer goodies in there.)
What are some things that made you smile this week?
Share your smiles in the comments!