{Daily outfit} You sexy thing. 9.4.12


Vintage dress? Buffalo Exchange. Vintage clutch? Estate sale. Shoes? DSW.

I feel like I've spent most of my life with a very narrow definition of "sexy." I'm not really comfortable with that word at all, to be honest. Sexiness seemed to revolve around wearing tight, short, cleavage-revealing clothes, preferably in an animal print, and towering heels. Red lipstick is involved too, and a mass of tousled hair, and an enhanced pout. I have no idea where I gleamed this cliche of sartorial sexiness from. Perhaps I read too many issues of Cosmo magazine when I was younger, and thus more impressionable. It's sort of stupid, this pinched definition of sexiness.


Somehow, when I put this dress on, I felt sexy. It's not tight or leopard printed. It doesn't reveal my boobs. And yet I felt sexy in it, and confident, and alluring, in a sort of va-va-voom secretarial Mad Men kind of way.You might not agree that it's sexy. Perhaps it isn't. But I like that it challenges my philosophy of sexiness. I like the bright green print. And I love how it flatters my curves.

What do you think dressing sexy looks like? Do you actively try to dress in a sexy way, or avoid it entirely?



9 comments:

  1. Pretty dress! It looks contemporary. Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband calls it the sexy librarian/secretary look:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is just perfection on you- it fits and flatters so well that no wonder you feel sexy in it! What a great find! Date dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sexy does always seem so hard to pull off if you're not the Kardashian type! I've got that sort of goofy, girl-next-door look, so at best I think of myself as cute, but never sexy. Style-wise, I've come a long way in the past couple years, but that's one look I'm still working on.

    You look fabulous in this dress; it's super flattering, and you absolutely should feel hella sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that dress in that color is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!

    OMG, i love the "thrift yo self" button. i must have it. LOL. so great.

    hugs, Vanessa Readydressedgo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Home.Run. This look fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dress. You look beautiful in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this dress on you and it goes so great with your vibrant red hair!! - Katy

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.