{Daily outfit} Paint it black. 9.7.12


Vintage Hawaiian Tropic baseball tree? Buffalo Exchange. Vintage skirt? Thrifted. Banana Republic flats? Thrifted. Bracelets? Forever 21.

Last week I saw two women dressed entirely in black. One wore a complicated wrapped tunic with origami-like folds and a jagged hem over black leggings. I mention the tunic specifically because it resembled a chic straight jacket, the sort of piece that would take me 20 minutes to figure out how to wear. The other woman donned a simple black sheath dress and black belt with black ankle boots and black leather tote. It was 103 degrees out, the kind of day where all you want to do is stick your head in the freezer and shake your fists at the sky pleading for autumn to grace you with its presence.

I like this outfit not because it pairs well with my manic disposition. To those of you who thought that, well, that's not very nice. No, I like this outfit because it's not black. This outfit gives the finger to black, because it's colorful and bright and kept me cool and comfortable on a stifling hot day.


***
Do you wear a lot of black?



4 comments:

  1. Sadly, yes, I do wear my fair share of black. Mostly because I tend to sweat a lot. I have hardy Germanic genes - we're not made for this climate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to wear a lot of black. Everyone would comment (why? are you in mourning? etc.) I've since started to wear a lot more colour, sometimes with black, sometimes with no black. I have been reborn. My closet is so much more interesting and beautiful. I'll never get rid of my black, but I don't think I'll dress all black again on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.