{Daily outfit} Gotta dance. 9.11.12


Vintage sequin tunic? Thrifted. Skinny pants? Joe's Jeans. Wedges? Stuart Weitzman. Vintage clutch? Thrifted.

There's nothing like throwing on a massive number of sequins to brighten up an ordinary morning. I feel a little guilty wearing this tunic to work, because it deserves a far more magnificent environment. Something like the wedding scene of Sex and the City 2, which is notable for it's flamboyant Liza Minnelli performance complete with choreographed jazz hands and gay choir and couture gowns that would make you weep. While I wasn't accompanied by Liza, queen of Broadway (as proclaimed on her Wikipedia page) while I hung dresses and spoke with customers at work, I felt her presence on my shoulder nonetheless.





13 comments:

  1. What a find! This is fabulous. With a capital F. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drat. That would have made an awesome title for this post. Fabulous with a capital F!

      Delete
  2. I love it when I see someone wearing a fancy piece of clothing or a sparkly accessory on an everyday, average day. Somehow it makes life seem more alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, what a sweet comment! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. God that's fabulous. Liza would be proud. Love the glam pieces for day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I can't lie - I was thinking about you when I thrifted this tunic! You would look fabulous in it. If only we lived closer...then we could have joint custody and share it!

      Delete
  5. I have a silver satin ruffled tank that I love to wear to work (I am a school counselor) in the winter under a plain blazer. It is sassy and fun. Just like this tunic! I always reach for it when the day is dreary or my mood is down. Somehow it pulls me out of the dumps and turns the day festive. Whoever said we have to "save" clothes for special occasions was off their rocker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew. I am so glad I'm not the only one who believes in he mood-enhancing power of daytime sequins! And I completely agree about not saving clothes for special occasions. Sometimes, the fact that I manage to get out of bed, shower, dress, and be on time to work feels pretty darn special to me.

      Delete
  6. Well, this outfit is just wonderful! And you look wonderful in it! You also look happy, and it made me happy to see this blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fabulous. Why wait for an event...you just made an ordinary work day a spectacular one!! Love the whole look on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to work in a place where I could wear things like this--jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so cute, I love this. I've felt the same way before when I wear a remarkably cute outfit to work...like I'm wasting it. But no, you're never wasting a good look :) That's my motto at least.

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.