Road trip: A peek inside Vintage Martini

A few months ago I got the opportunity of a lifetime to work at Vintage Martini in downtown Carrollton, Texas. I've been a consignor and enthusiastic customer for two years ago, after a random Google search for vintage shops led me inside. When Ken and Greg, the owners, offered me a position this past June I was so excited I could hardly breathe. And I haven't come up for air since.

Vintage Martini is different than your traditional vintage, thrift, or charity shop in that everything in the store is absolutely meticulous. You'll find no stains, damage, or thrift store smell here. Furthermore, most of the inventory is designer, from labels such as Chanel, Valentino, Fendi, Jimmy Choo, Missoni, Pucci, Gucci, and the like. Pieces from the Victorian era mingle with those that were shown on the runway last season. It's not unusual for me to see an Edwardian beaver fur top hat, Chanel patent leather tote, and 1970's printed halter maxi dress during a shift. It's no surprise that the store has been recognized as by D Magazine as Dallas' best vintage and consignment store two years in a row.

Let's take a journey through the store, and marvel at what we can find.


Vintage Martini is located at 1106 West Main Street in Carrollton, TX 75006. There's also a website if you're out of state. I work almost every Monday and Tuesday, and most weekends. If you're in the area, drop by and say hello! I'd love to help you find the perfect vintage piece!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH those grey YSL shoes look darling!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like an amazing place...but I would want to spend my entire paycheck if I worked there.

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.