{Daily outfit} This post sponsored by anxiety. 8.31.12


Silk Calvin Klein blouse? Thifted. Vintage khaki circle skirt? Thrifted. Vintage Coach satchel? Thrifted. Sandals? Nine West. Michael Kors watch? Thrifted.

Today, in lieu of a paragraph about my fabulous life as a nobody, I need to communicate how dumbfounded I am that summer is o-v-e-r and my kids are back in school. "How did September get here so fast???" I want to blubber, fists thrust ineffectively at the sky. This time of year always freaks me out. A lot needs to get done. Like collecting school supplies and scribbling my signature on parent permission forms and signing up for the PTA (which I hate. There I said it, I hate the PTA) and coordinating my work schedule with the kids pick-up time and locating my son's missing lunch bag which NATURALLY he's misplaced on the third day of school.

So it's no shock that when school starts, I get a bit overcome by a manic rush typically experienced only by a crack fiend in search of their next fix. Thank sweet baby Jesus I still have thrifting. Thrifting keeps me centered. And rewards me with sweet scores, like this $2 khaki circle skirt someone's mother made in their basement in the 1960's.

It's gonna be a great year.




4 comments:

  1. Hahaha. Great post! Love that everything is thrifted and so pretty. Good luck with all the new fall beginnings! - Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, at the start of a new school year there is always this two week adjustment until every one settles into their new routine. I am racing home from campus on Tuesdays and Thursdays to be in line to pick up my grandson at 3:15.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love this outfit. Looks so beautiful and classy!

    Margaret @ Live Like No One Else

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so pretty.d color of ur bag,sandals n hair is complementing d outfit so well...lovely

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.