{Daily outfit} Pants and parties. 8.3.12

J Crew chambray shirt? Thrifted. Ralph Lauren pants? Thrifted. Bruno Magli wedges? Thrifted. Clutch? Estate sale. Belt? Old Navy. Bracelet? Forever 21.

If I remember correctly, the last time I wore printed pants was sometime in 1988. I was fourteen, had a perm, and worried more about whether Brian Berg reciprocated the crush I had on him than if my pants looked ridiculous. I wore those pants to a party held in someone's basement, where we listed to The Police on cassette and ate Cheetos and drank illicit wine coolers and aggressively flirted with the few boys who had the courage to speak to us.

Middle school is complicated. Printed pants are not. I found these easier to wear than I imagined them to be.

Brian Berg, eat your heart out.


  1. I'm not gonna lie...I was right there with you in that basement when I read your post...and wearing printed pants too...

  2. Oh yeah, I had some printed pants too! Wish I could find some pix.

  3. LOVING those pants gal! Ashley here, we met at the Texas Style Council and I design scarves.

    I've finally launched and just wanted to let you know to glance at the website (www.onyxandpearl.com) to see the finished products. Let me know the next time you are in town, I'd love to do coffee!


    - Ashley Behnke


I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.