{Daily outfit} Belts and self-control. 8.10.12

Vintage skirt? Thrifted. Tee? Gap Outlet. Vintage Ralph Lauren leather belt? Vintage Martini. Vintage python clutch? Bon Ton Vintage. Sandals? Target. 
Leather cuff? Thrifted.

The other day, a customer brought nearly 75 pieces of vintage Ralph Lauren into the store. There were things like cropped mock-neck sweaters and red plaid wool pants and braided leather belts and oversize linen blazers and paisley vests, truly gorgeous things that made me dry-heave with desire. I wanted everything. Even those red plaid pants, because plaid pants are truly something to see.

I tried to control myself. I tried really, really hard, because if I purchased everything in the store that gave me grabby hands I'd be broke. But after two weeks of desperate longing I couldn't take it any longer. I fell victim to the sweet siren song of the belt's thick braided leather and brass buckle, and  brought it home with me.

This outfit might not be the most interesting, but it was comfortable and breezy on a stifling hot day. I will continue to lust for those plaid pants, though. I can't help myself.


  1. The belt is great!! I wish I could've taken a few of those Ralph Lauren pieces home with me :-). Very cute look Elissa!!

  2. Hi!
    I’ve just found your lovely blog, your style is fascinating!
    I’d love you to take a look at mine and let me know what you think ;)
    Kisses from Spain,

  3. Ahh - I really wish vintage Martini sold online. I would LOVE to add some Vintage Ralph Lauren to MY Wardrobe (or as he is called in MY World Ralphie.)

    Am So Jealous... Could you, would you snap a pic of the plaid pants?.. Please...

    1. They do sell online! I'm not sure how much of the Ralph Lauren has made it to the website, but I'll snap a pic of the red plaid pants when I'm there today. They're really amazing.


I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.