{Daily outfit} Baby, we were born to run. 8.7.12

Tribal print vintage top? Thrifted. High-low skirt? Old Navy. Vintage python clutch?  
Bon Ton Vintage. Flats? Gap. Leather cuff? Thrifted. Hoop earrings? Forever 21. 

After a months-long hiatus, I've gotten back into running. Running is good for obvious reasons - improved cardiovascular health; ability to climb multiple flights of stairs without dry-heaving; opportunity to wear cute workout clothes. But my impetus for running has much more to do with its psychological effects. You see, while I run I allow myself the chance to let my mind wander. I relax. And I think. I think about the things I need to add to my shopping list. I think about the number of days before my kids return to school (20.) I think about the conversation I had with a friend over dinner. I think about last night's episode of Bachelor Pad. And I think about what I'm going to wear tomorrow.

This outfit came to me during a run. I've had this vintage top and Old Navy skirt forever, but the idea of pairing them only occurred to me while sweating out a few miles on the treadmill. I never thought exercise would be so conductive to wardrobe planning.

Where do you find inspiration for your outfits?

1 comment:

  1. Such a great pairing! I often cook up outfits as I'm drifting off to sleep.


I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.