On Fridays I Smile - Week in review 6.8.12

On Fridays I smile.

I share these moments with you. 

Enjoy.


Untitled

I thrifted this insane Victor Costa gown at Goodwill for about $12. Normally I wouldn't spend over six dollars on something from the Goodwill, but I was powerless against all those glorious hot pink ruffles. I plan to wear this score to a really, really special place, such as my breakfast table where I drink my morning coffee.

Untitled

My kids are officially home from school for the summer, which gives me a great excuse to spend my days doing fun things like seeing movies at the dollar theater and swimming and pottery painting. I painted a mug. It was awesome.


Untitled

On Thursday I ran six miles. Just kidding I ate gelato.

Untitled


Untitled

I've spent a considerable amount of time mentioning Vintage Martini on this blog. I shop there. I take photos there. I obsessively stalk new things there, such as this vintage Ferre corset and orange Ferragamo spring 2009 runway one-piece. I drool over things I will never, ever be able to afford there - things like Louboutain pumps and Fendi bags and Chanel jewelry and 1970's furs and beaded vintage flapper dresses.

This week I started working there. Consider me to be the happiest girl on the planet. If you're anywhere near the store (located in downtown Carrollton, TX) come on by. I'll show you vintage that will blow your mind.

Now it's your turn. 

What were the best parts of your week? Leave a comment and share your smiles!
Photos taken with Instagram: dresscourage


15 comments:

  1. I just re-organized my office, completed a DIY on my shoe, and got the boost I needed for my business :-).

    I'm dying for that dress in the first picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job and that ruffled dress is killer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Victor Costa gown is out of this world! I'm coveting. It would be so great for a ballroom dance showcase performance....that is if it's stretchy. Enjoy; it's gorgeous.

    The last photo of that red top is pretty wild. That is a thing of beauty. Fashion now is not what it used to be in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Victor Costa gown is out of this world! I'm coveting. It would be so great for a ballroom dance showcase performance....that is if it's stretchy. Enjoy; it's gorgeous.

    The last photo of that red top is pretty wild. That is a thing of beauty. Fashion now is not what it used to be in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new job, Elissa! If I'm ever in the Dallas area, I'll be sure to stop by. I loved working in a vintage shop. But you have to be careful! It's easy to fall in love and be tempted to buy everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Ferragamo gown is over the top! Looks like a perfect gown for a ballroom dance showcase!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, congrats on the job!! What does do you work? I'll have to come by and see you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new job! I love the idea of dressing up for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. a) I could not work at a fabulous vintage store... I would not make money. But I would own even more clothes sooooo...
    b) That Victor Costa... did you hear a choir of angles when you found it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow. That dress was for 12 dollars only? That picture of the Ferregamo piece is in Dallas? I'll be sure to pass by. Thanks for all your lovely posts. I'm kinda craving for some ice cream too right now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the job! I'll try to get by there soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. $12 for a Victor Costa dress... F yes!! I would've snatched that baby up too. Congrats on the find :)

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.