{Almost daily outfit of the day} A big moment. 6.5.12

Vintage Martini 1950's cotton dress; H&M sandals; thrifted vintage straw clutch. 
(Please forgive the quality of these photos - fluorescent lighting is an instrument of the devil.)

For as long as I can remember, I've dreamed of opening my own vintage store. I concocted elaborate fantasies of what my shop would look like, what I'd sell, and whether I'd be successful or not. I imagined it to be somewhat like the NYC bookshop owned by Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail, only with vintage dresses and hats and blouses instead of children's novels. I'm not much of a dreamer, but I couldn't let go of the idea of someday owning my own business.

This weekend I came one step closer to making that dream come true when I opened my own vintage booth at a local antique mall. My space is compact, but large enough to feature some special things I've thrifted over the past few years. There are 1950's and 60's dresses, and blazers, and sequined blouses, and Christian Dior lingerie, and purses, and enough Ferragamos to keep feet happy for a long long time.

If you're ever in downtown McKinney please take a moment and stop by my booth (I'm number 082), and check out the special things other sellers have to offer. The mall is located at 213 East Virginia Street in McKinney, TX 75069. I'm sure you'll find a few special things you'll want to take home!


  1. Three cheers for you! That is absolutely wonderful! I live in Plano, and will come by to meet you. -- Liz Y.

  2. What a lovely collection. Congratulations!

  3. How awesome is that! If I were local, I'd stop by in a heartbeat. Nothing but good wishes for your success.

  4. Congrats and good luck on your venture! It sounds very exciting!

  5. How exciting!! Congratulations!

  6. Congratulations, Elissa! How exciting! Once again, you and your vintage thrills make me want to visit Texas.


  7. Oh, I would love to visit your booth and I can see some fantastic things just from the photos. Best luck with your new venture.

  8. You are a horrible "fabulous clutch" purse hoarder! Let me help you get rid of some of that! Starting w that extraordinary bag in you hand!

  9. I first read this post on my cell phone and I am seriously so freakin excited for you that I had to get on my home computer (commenting via cell phone is such a pain some times).

    Congratulations on taking this step towards your dream! I can kinda relate because I hope to own my own consignment store one day. Here's wishing you lots of luck and success!

    Any chance you'll be sharing your pieces online so we can see your lovely inventory?

    Again, congrats!


  10. Oh my word what fabulous news. Your stall/stand looks beautiful and I would love to browse it. Good luck with it all.


  11. WAHOOOO! Congrats, Elissa! That's fantastic news!

  12. CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Next time I am downtown I will have to go check ya out. :) That is such a great accomplishment I am so proud of you, first the book now the booth. You are takin over girl...


  13. congrats, elissa! i hope i'm able to visit your booth one day (i live in arlington).


I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.