{Almost daily outfit of the day} Stripes and sparkle 5.31.12


J Crew striped top; thrifted Bitten jeans; Nine West pumps; Forever 21 rhinestone collar necklace; thrifted vintage rhinestone necklaces; thrifted Michael Kors rose gold watch

Today marked the occasion of my oldest child graduating from elementary school. There was a fair amount of pomp and circumstance, along with a really sappy movie made by PTA moms depicting moments from the past year that I am sure was designed to elicit tears from parents. While most moms in the audience were wearing Nike Tempo shorts and sweats and tee shirts, I decided to throw on a pile of rhinestones necklaces and heels for the event. Because sometimes the simplest excuse to get creative with my outfits is the best.





5 comments:

  1. I used to love the Bitten line; maybe I score one of the pieces while out thrifting, as I've outgrown mine. Layered rhinestone necklaces and stripes is how 5th grade graduation should be done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting dolled up! You looked great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over here in the eastern ' burbs the parental fashion seems to run the ganut from super-casual to fairly dressy at those kind of events. I love this look! It says "I'm comfortable but I still give a crap about my kid enough to dress for the occasion". ;-) It's casual yet glam at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the stripes and sparkle! Sparkly statement necklaces and stripes always remind me of jcrew catalogs, which I mean as a compliment.

    I don't quite remember having a graduation from elementary school when I was little, is this a new thing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe I saw that EXACT top at TJ Maxx recently. I talked myself out of buying it, but seeing it on a person it is even cuter. Love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.