{Almost daily outfit of the day} On the fringe. 5.29.12


Vintage thrifted suede vest; Lucky Brand 'Indian' motorcycle tee; thrifted Paige jeans; Gap sandals; Urban Outfitters necklace; vintage leather cuff; thrifted Michael Kors watch

I see a lot of weird stuff while thrifting. Indian beaded, acid-wash cocoon jackets. Seventies plaid, fringed ponchos. Polyester jumpsuits with bedazzled collars. Floral shortalls and satin tracksuits and acrylic stripper heels. Most of these items make me inwardly cringe in a way only really tragic fashion trends of the past can. When I do drag one of these items home, they usually hang forlornly and lonesome in my closet as I try to figure out how to wear them before admitting defeat and donating them back.

This vest spoke to me when I was in the Goodwill the other day. It's suede. It's fringed. It's adorned with wooden beads and silver grommets. It would look appropriate paired with leather chaps on a Harley rider. It's strikingly different from anything else in my wardrobe. And it was marked down from $365 to $6.99.

I threw it on with a motorcycle tee and felt pretty hot. And I realized that sometimes it's fun to play against the rules.






7 comments:

  1. That vest is too cool! You're so fabulous Elissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not look at this on the hanger and envision it the way you did....it's so darn cute! It works well the way you styled it. It would be so much fun to wear at the many festivals and fairs that take place in the summer (if it's not too hot).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your hair. you have changed something, didn't you?
    you look great:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that you tried something different. I think it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And now we need to find you a Harley accessory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vest! You styled it perfectly with the jeans and tee. Gotta love adventures in thrifting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute and super Texan!

    Donation-Can.com

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.