{Almost daily outfit of the day} On obsession. 4.20.12

Vintage thrifted silk blouse; thrifted OP ankle jeans; thrifted Banana Republic flats; thrifted vintage belt; thrifted vintage clutch; Forever 21 bracelets

Okay, guys. I realize I have an unhealthy obsession with this blouse. I might have worn it three days in a row, and 3928761 times since I thrifted it a few months ago. This is not my first brush with obsessive behavior. In the past 30 years, I have been obsessed with the following:
  • Sex and the City
  • Diet Coke
  • J Crew ballet flats
  • J Crew in general.
  • Tori Amos (hey, it was the nineties.)
  • The Dylan McKay/Brenda Walsh/Kelly Taylor love triangle on Beverly Hills 90210.
  • Peanut Butter M&M's
  • Vintage Levi's
  • Nars Orgasm blush
  • Trying to determine why the Kardashians are so popular. Seriously. This is eating me alive.
So you can see why my behavior with my pink silk blouse is not entirely uncharacteristic. While I recovered from my fierce Diet Coke addiction, my passionate love for this blouse is here to stay. I might need a support group.


  1. LOL I love your list of obsessions.

    *I used to be obsessed with Tori, but she would probably be on the list as well.

    *Kardashians--I think we have Ryan Seacrest and E! to blame for this one.

    *NARS Orgasm--I think I am the only female on the planet who does not like this blush.

  2. Was this purse (and your wrist and hip) recently featured in Glamour? I could swear it was you. this had to have been the April issue, in one of those brief editorials on a trend. If not you, then your Psychic Fashion Twin!

  3. Oh, such glorious use of color! Keep on wearin' it, lady!

  4. Whoa, those jeans are AMAZING!


  5. I adore your whole outfit. It screams spring and I'll bet you feel totally happy when you put this on. That's what a good blouse does for your disposition lol. I did a double take at your caption. All thrifted? I need to shop in your town asap! I am having the hardest time finding a pair of white skinnies and some comfortable flats (not the cute, but wooden type).

    I have an unhealthy addiction to J. Crew as well. However, I wait for the biggest sales though and saved up(bought three blythe blouses in Feb. The quality is amazing). I wrote an article entitled "What exactly do the Kardashians do?" lol so I feel you on the last mention.

    Have a great weekend!

  6. Question: I'm a gal who likes a rolled up sleeve, but I've noticed with my silk blouses, I can never make it stay. You seem to manage it. Is there a secret or a trick to it?

  7. Everything on your obsession list - me too (besides the J Crew flats). I can talk for hours about old school 90210 - and Melrose Place.

    I am in love with that fun clutch and now you're making me want to try a hot pink / white / aqua combo next week!

  8. I've had my fair share of obsessions. Lately, for example, I've been putting fake bacon bits on everything. It's gross, but awesome.

    Anyway, I adore this color palette. The shoes with the shirt with the bag -- gorge!


I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.