{Almost daily outfit of the day} A hair don't 4.23.12


Thrifted Zara blouse; Gap trousers; Old Navy belt; Steve Madden pumps; thrifted vintage Coach bag; Forever 21 bracelets

I am at that uncomfortable almost-need-a-haircut phase that happens approximately four weeks after getting a haircut. This never fails to coincide with an perplexing increase in compliments regarding my hair, leading to put off the haircut much longer than I should. I spend an embarrassing amount of time debating whether I really do need a haircut, or whether I can stand feeling like a hippie for a bit longer. I suspect all us short hair girls go through this. Do we chop it off, or grow it out? Do we experiment with headbands and fanciful hair clips or go in for regular trims? WHAT IN GOD'S GREAT NAME DOES OUR HAIR WANT FROM US ANYWAY AAAAARRGGGGHHHHH???

I have an appointment for a trim on Friday. Which I will probably regret. But it's better than feeling like a hippie.

How often do you go between haircuts?




8 comments:

  1. I can totally relate about the hair! I have a jaw length bob and I have to get it cut pretty frequently, maybe every 6 weeks or so. I usually spend several of those weeks debating when I should get my hair cut. Strangely it seems to go from looking it's best at 4-5 weeks to a big mess a week later. Of course it's hard to be objective about it - maybe it looks just fine at all phases! Usually what makes me pick up the phone (in exasperation!) to make the appointment is physical - my hair just starts feeling uncomfortable on my neck. I want to try growing my hair out, but I never seem to be able to stand it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate about the hair! I have a jaw length bob and I have to get it cut pretty frequently, maybe every 6 weeks or so. I usually spend several of those weeks debating when I should get my hair cut. Strangely it seems to go from looking it's best at 4-5 weeks to a big mess a week later. Of course it's hard to be objective about it - maybe it looks just fine at all phases! Usually what makes me pick up the phone (in exasperation!) to make the appointment is physical - my hair just starts feeling uncomfortable on my neck. I want to try growing my hair out, but I never seem to be able to stand it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get mine cut every 5 weeks and colored every 10 weeks. I just schedule the appointments in advance and don't give myself a chance to overthink it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I have longer hair I go for 8 weeks! So much easier than very short hair, when I definitely had to go every 4-5 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get my hair cut about three to four times a year. I've had long, one-length hair for many years, so I tell myself I can be lazy about getting it cut. However, I know I should get trims more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also a short haired girl too. I normally go 6 to 7 weeks. Sometimes it feels a little too short at first, then there is a week when it feels perfect and then like zappo, it feels totally out of control and I can't stand it anymore so I'm calling my niece in desperation for a hair cut. That seems to be my haircut routine. Cool purse!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my last haircut was in December. I'm long overdue.

    Donation-Can.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT OUTFIT! Looks fantastic with your hair color! I read what you posted earlier today, you are a great writer....I hope you are aware of this. I'm sticking and will keep you and your sweet family in my prayers and thoughts. You seem to be a strong woman, it's going to be rough but I have a feeling you will be fine at the end of the day. I hope you are of this as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.