{Almost daily outfit of the day} Touch of spring 3.16.12

3.16.12 1

Thrifted Black House White Market dress; thrifted vintage clutch; Bandolino pumps; thrifted Michael Kors rose gold watch; Forever 21 bracelets; flea market turquoise ring

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "Why Elissa, your legs are not nearly as pasty as they usually are! Have you been spending your free time vacationing on a beach in French Polynesia? Then you shake your head in bewilderment, because as far as you know there just isn't decent thrifting in French Polynesia. For me, March is not only about alternating days of too-cold/just-right temps and flowers blooming and green beer because it's St. Patrick's Day. No, March is also about going bare-legged for the first time since the fall and conducting an embarrassing amount of experimental applications with self-tanner due to the need to go bare-legged. My terror of blinding you with glaring white legs and desire to avoid being mistaken for an Orange County housewife led me towards Nivea Touch Of Sun. I'd say it's a success.

3.16.12 2

3.16.12 4

3.16.12 3


14 comments:

  1. looks lovely! success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow red-head, I can sympathize with the blinding-white-legs problem. Thankfully, I live in NH and have a couple more months before I have to show them off in public. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey now for bare legs!! You look so lovely. I just love that dress and woven bag together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. white legs are the new tan (or at least that's what i keep telling myself). i think you look gorgeous, i love this springy and romantic look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the white with a pop of rainbow color. My skin issue in the warmer months is that I turn RED at the slightest provocation. Not just sunburn - if I exert any energy, my skin from my forehead to my toes turns bright pink. Not cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A breath of spring, and I love it all - the purse is what enchants me most. It's grey where I am, so this was a pleasant surprise. And I agree that the self-tanner works, although I don't think it's necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just a gorgeous look...and a good reminder that I need to start the tanner treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. March... bare legged.... *looks at the meter of snow outside*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will gladly challenge you to a pale legs contest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what I want more: the dress or your bag. I can't wait to see your Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know what I want more: the dress or your bag. I can't wait to see your Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this dress so much! What a find! And kudos to you for getting a leg up (seriously, I kill myself) on the pasty leg situation. I'm such a slacker in that area ...

    I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how non-super summery you made a white dress look. When anchored with bright accessories and polka dots, it is wearable year-round (plus tights in winter, of course.) Great!

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.