{Almost daily outfit of the day} In which I face my own death 3.26.12


Thrifted Thomas Pink shirt; thrifted Anthropologie skirt; Old Navy belt; Steve Madden pumps; vintage estate sale clutch; Forever 21 and Neiman Marcus bracelets; thrifted Michael Kors rose gold watch

On Saturday night I was driving home from a perfectly lovely tapas dinner with Stephanie, Erin, and Hilary when my front tire blew out. I've spent quite a bit of time behind the wheel, as evidenced by my long history of speeding tickets and traffic violations, but I've never gotten a flat in such a spectacular manner before. In case you're wondering what it's like to have your own front tire blow out, here's what happens: there's an ear-cracking BOOM! followed by uncontrollable swerving into the opposite lane and the terrifying realization that OH MY GOD, I AM GOING TO DIE, LIKE LITERALLY DIE A HORRIFICALLY PAINFUL DEATH RIGHT HERE ON THE FREEWAY AND I HAVEN'T MASTERED PATTERN MIXING YET AND I'M GOING TO MISS THE SEASON PREMIERE OF MAD MEN SWEET BABY JESUS AAARRRGGGHHH.

Of course, everything turned out okay. I made it off the freeway and my husband picked me up and had the car towed. When one emerges unscathed from such a treacherous event, pattern mixing doesn't seem so challenging after all.




10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I'm so glad you're ok! I know how it feels to have that OMG, I'm going to die moment in a car, so certainly you can take on pattern mixing. Take it on, you did!! You look so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour combination
    www.tributetothetribe.com
    xoxo from Paris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy F, dude ... I'm having a heart attack for you! I think I would have died. Fer reals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Near deaths experience has given you mad print-mixing skillz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad u r ok! We had a tire blow out on the way to have Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you survived this episode. I once had a tire blow on the interstate and limped my way to the closest service station. At the time, I had no one to call!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes!! Not fun at all! Glad you made it home safely. Driving is no joke!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're okay. I once saw someone blow out a tire like that and just witnessing it was terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scary. I'm glad you're ok.

    And the gingham and floral combo is something worth living for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go on the pattern mixing. It looks great. Too bad it took a brush with death to get here.

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.