Last night I was invited to a charity dinner at III Forks in Dallas in support of the North Texas Food Bank. I'll admit that the thought of digging in to a delicious steak was almost as enticing as supporting such a worthwhile cause. Luckily, my friends Julie and Chastity were there as well, and we spent the night catching up. There was also chocolate cake to, but I ate it before taking a pic. It was that good.
What does one wear to a charity dinner? Sequins, of course. Loads and loads of sequins. Because if you want to shock a room full of women and inspire outright staring and have your picture taken a lot, nothing less will do.
Also related: I had the tattoo on my neck touched up this week. I was too freaked out to get any pics, but let me just tell you that getting a neck tattoo hurts more than childbirth. Fact. But it looks really great now, so it was worth it.
I spied this adorable 1970's latch hook wall hanging in the Salvation Army on Thursday and had major grabby hands for it. However, the mocking I was sure it would ensure from my husband kept it from coming home with me. I have a dream of covering my walls with eclectic thrift store art, and this totally would have fit the bill. Maybe someday.
This is not a photo taken inside a thrift store. No, this is my personal stock of vintage pieces about to be listed on my new Etsy shop. After months of hemming and hawing, I've decided to take the plunge and start selling. Stay tuned for more details!
Now it's your turn: What are some things that made you smile this week? Grab my button and blog about your Sunday smiles; share your weekly smiles in the comments; or smile just because it makes you feel good.
While I'm petting my sequins and popping Advil to ease the pain of my new ink, catch up on everything from Dress With Courage this week:
- I joined a legion of 1980's celebrities and Dungeon and Dragons geeks and wore a vintage suede Members Only jacket;
- Described my complicated relationship with food;
- I ventured out of my backyard and braved curious stares of passerby for outfit pics in a scalloped blazer;
- Continued my Thrifting 101 series with a post exploring thrift scores that got away;
- and compared a simple outfit of boots, flannel and leather jacket to cereal.
- Win a vintage Coach Willis satchel! Giveaway ends this coming Friday, February 3rd, so there's still plenty of time to enter.
If you're visiting my blog for the first time, think about following me through Google Friend Connect, and tweeting with me on Twitter (@dresscourage). You can also follow me on Pinterest and Instagram under Dresscourage and on Facebook.