{Almost daily outfit of the day} Sure footed 1.30.12

Jeffrey Campbell Lita
Forever 21 denim jacket; vintage thrifted Wrangler shirt; Gap legging jeans; Target satchel; Jeffrey Campbell 'Lita' ankle boots; Michael Kors rose gold watch; Buffalo Exchange necklaces

As a child, I was struck with the terrible affliction of having flat feet. This meant not only a need for orthopedic inserts for my shoes, but truly ugly shoes to hold them. These were shoes my mom bought at Buster Brown - sensible, solid things that were the equivalent of wearing a station wagon on my feet and made me feel clumsy and awkward.

Fortunately, as a grown woman, my flat feet are no longer a problem. So I can wear the footwear equivalent of a Jackson Pollock painting without hesitation. These Litas are surprising comfortable and made me feel supermodel tall. Six year-old me would have been insanely jealous.

Litas

Target neon


12 comments:

  1. Those are ah-maz-ing! Their shape reminds me of a pair of shoes I had in high school...they had clear soles...thick platformed ones. Topped with black crushed velvet booties. Total 90's shoes. I adored them. I felt very "Cher" from Clueless whenever I put them on my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shoes are AMAZING! And you are SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ". . . sensible, solid things that were the equivalent of wearing a station wagon on my feet" - This is one of many reasons I so enjoy your writing. And the shoes are amazing and delightful and really rather terrifying. I'm glad that six-year-old you approves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so fashion forward!! i need those shoes in my life :D

    xoxo,
    daisy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I was obliged to wear the sturdy Buster Brown shoes as well. As a kid, we got a pair of school shoes every fall and a new pair of tennies every summer. Shoes with heels this tall make me feel like a giraffe though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loove your short hair! I just did a collection of short hair ladies on my blog and I wish I'd found you sooner! I'll still happily follow now!
    Those litas are pretty insane, you look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love looking at those shoes online but I seriously have yet to see anyone look better than Gaga does in similar shoes haha. However, I love those. Not that I would be caught dead wearing them but they look super snazzy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ciao/Hi there in Texas
    Great Blog and Your Style in wearing is so Unique, Artistic!
    Cheers/Evviva
    Ciao dall'Italia/Greetings from Italy by fellow Artist Aurè

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guess I won't be able to move if I wear that stiletto of yours! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, especially the way the shoes and bag compliment each other! I'm still suffering from shoe envy!

    http://lexi-and-button.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those shoes are daring and brave and a little wicked. Love them!

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.