Almost daily outfit of the day: M is for Missoni 1.2.12

Missoni for Target sweater; thrifted American eagle thermal tee; thrifted J Crew skirt; vintage Frye boots (eBay); We Love Colors tights

When Target announced their collaboration with Missoni back in the summer, I was flummoxed. While I hadn't been especially impressed with previous Target collaborations, Missoni interested me. Their luxurious knits and sumptuous patterns are quintessentially Italian. Their clothes seemed appropriate for a quick jaunt to the Almafi coast in a vintage Porsche convertible with a tall, dark, overwhelmingly sophisticated Italian man who speaks little English and has impeccable manners, the kind of man who opens doors for you and calls you cara mia and smells like the inside of a Ferragamo boutique.

This cardigan is the softest, best knit sweater in my closet. It fits like a dream. And while it came neither with a sophisticated Italian man nor trip to the Almafi coast, I love it all the same.






11 comments:

  1. It looks great! I love the boots too. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, so chic! (Oh wait, that's French, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. And SO perfect with those gorgeous boots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this sweater paired with the orange/brown skirt. Great combination. Oh and Happy 2012 - hope it's a great year for you! I can't wait to see everything that will take place in the year ahead. - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great. I love the vintage Frye's. I'm a bit jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That outfit is the best way to open your 2012 Elissa! It just looks perfect! Did you go to Target that day or try to order it online?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the length of the sweater and gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that all your clothes should come with a trip to Italy. Don't accept anything less!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so in love with this! The colors are incredible and the whole look is just perfect. I'm super jealous of that cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the outfit! And for the two new things I'm looking for in a man... should call me cara mia and should smell like the inside of a Ferragamo boutique.

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.