Allow me to begin by sharing a sample conversation between myself and these two very charming little men, Jake and Josh:
Scene: Breakfast room, 8:05 am Saturday morning.
Josh: Mom! Look at this! Look at this! Look at this!!! (holds up Lego creation of indeterminable shape.) This is a Transformers Mario car that opens up and look at this! It totally opens up, can you believe that??? Mom! We should totally go to the Cheesecake Factory tonight. It would be epic. Can we, Mom? Can we?
Me: (Blearily rubbing the last traces of sleep from my eyes.) Dude, it's eight o'clock in the morning. I haven't even had my coffee yet. I can't think about dinner.
Jake: But Moooommm, we haven't eaten there in a long long time. Let's ask Daddy! Daddy loves food and sliders and stuff.
Me: Daddy's out playing golf. We'll ask him when he gets home.
Josh: Oh. (Exasperated sigh.) Okay.
Josh: Mom! Did you know that bellybuttons are scabs? Because they are, I read it in a book.
This week I went to both Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack to buy new bras (more on that tomorrow.) Of course I got distracted by a few things - namely, a rack of discounted Kate Spade garments and these unbelievable Christian Loubotain leopard pumps. At only $995! Grabby hands *sob*.
When I got home from my shopping expedition, I traipsed into my closet to hang my new purchases and nearly threw up in my mouth. Clothes, shoes and belts were snaked everywhere, winding around my ankles and draping over hangers. It was time for a closet purge. Five garbage bags later my closet is organized and clean. Even better, there's tons of room for new stuff. Bonus.
And finally, to finish these smiles on a sweet note, I present to you a giant chocolate chip cookie from Corner Bakery. Yes and also PLEASE.
Now it's your turn: What are some things that made you smile this week? Grab my button (created by Kate of Divergent Musings - HUGE THANKS to Kate!) and blog about your Sunday smiles; share your weekly smiles in the comments; or smile just because it makes you feels good.
As I'm pondering whether my bellybutton really is a scab, catch up on my posts from this week:
- I questioned what your relationship with make-up is;
- Explained why playing the numbers game is fruitless when determining blogger success;
- Shared my reasoning behind why I broke up with my mirror;
- Wore an entirely thrifted outfit of a vintage lace vest and polka dots;
- Continued my series instructing how to write a great blog post with Part 3: Titles, language and length;
- Shared photos of where I blog from for visual Fashion Beauty Friend Friday;
- and posted my August giveaway for a $40 gift card to MAC.
I had one blog accomplishment this week:
- My post regarding why numbers are irrelevant in determining blogger success was featured in this week's IFB Links a la Mode.
As always, thank you for supporting me by following my blog, continuing to leave thoughtful and introspective comments, and dropping by every day. I am so appreciative that you all are here.