Everybody, Everywear: Sequins and sparkle

Vintage thrifted dolman-sleeve sweater; vintage thrifted skirt; We Love Colors tights; Urban Outfitters boots; earrings from some little boutique in Dallas; Michael Kors rose gold watch

I was thrifting last week in a dusty little Goodwill when I discovered this sweater, tucked into a rack of snap-front western shirts and 80's mock turtlenecks. As soon as I dug it out, I knew we were meant to be together. You see, I have a strange affinity for sequined, sparkly, and glittery vintage tops. We're kind of a thing. When I wear one, I like to imagine I'm a young starlet on the set of some eighties soap like Dynasty. As such, I'd sail through each episode in sequined evening gowns and a cloud of Dior Poison. I'd craft elaborate schemes to destroy my enemies and survive kidnapping attempts with nary a lacquored hair out of place. Sure, I'd have no real reason to be costumed in rhinestones and sequins. But I would, because it's the eighties and that's what eighties starlets did.

This sweater is all eighties glitz and glam - chenille woven with gold thread. It's kind of perfect.



Sequins + Sparkles | Everybody, Everywear


12 comments:

  1. and you rock it my friend. lovely. just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweater, skirt and boots are all such fantastic pieces!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous sweater! What a great find! I love it with those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one and only time I met you, you were rockin' a vintage sequin top and owned it. I think I will think of you when I see those grand '80's over the top numbers. This outfit is sparkle perfection, as are you.the Citizen Rosebud

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing top. Love that!
    xx. Jillian
    boyishchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great find! hehe I definitely share your affectionate for glittery tops :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "It's kind of perfect."

    No. With that skirt it is ABSOLUTELY perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. those boots are super cute! were they from the UO/6x6 collaboration?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never thought I would like dolman sleeves again after experiencing them in the '80s but they're totally working for me. Never is the next new thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooohhh...this is so darn cute, I can hardly stand it! :-) Adorable with a capital A!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.