Almost daily outfit of the day: Holiday hysteria 12.21.11

Lucky Brand jacket; thrifted Target blouse; thrifted J Brand jeans; Dolce Vita ankle boots

The week before Christmas marks the official start of winter break for my kids. This means that they're home from school for two weeks, and I am subjected to conversations such as the following:

Jake: MOM! DID YOU SEE THAT COMMERCIAL FOR THE SKYLANDERS WII GAME ON TV???!!! OH MY GOD MOM I WANT THAT FOR CHRISTMAS SO BAD!
Josh: I WANT THAT TOO! Mom, we've been so good this year, we only got in trouble that one time we spilled water all over your laptop and it got broken.
Jake: But then you got a new laptop so it was totally okay.
Josh: And MOM! MOM! MOM! Mom, are you listening? Mom, don't forget I REALLY REALLY REALLY want that Bakugan set, you know the one Mom, it was SO COOL!
Me: (Reaching for the Advil.) Boys, Santa will be here in just four days. Christmas is going to be great. Let's talk about something else for a change, okay?
 *Extended silence.*
Jake: How many minutes to Christmas Mom? Like exactly how many? Because I HAVE TO KNOW.

You can understand my need for both a steady amount of patience and an arsenal of simple outfits this week. These thrifted J Brand jeans might be the best score I've made all year, convincing me that Santa works in mysterious ways.


In case you missed it:


6 comments:

  1. bahaha This cracks me up. I can't wait to have kiddos someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those jeans fit great -- nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I just discovered your blog - and I'm always glad to se "real" women bloggin and not teens of 15 or 16 ;-)
    You have a new follower!
    xxx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I JUST posted about my holy freaking holiday stress (and ugly meltdown). I am so glad other people are writing about the same things. I am going to confess right here, right now that I'm typing this while wearing old and blown-out black leggings, LL Bean wicked good slippers, a rainbow tye-dyed XXL t-shirt from my days skiing in college, and my hair on top of my head. Dressing is too much today. Fortunately, leaving the house is not in the cards! (and why, oh why did we ever think tye-dye in XXL in rainbow was cool in the 90's?!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You thrifted J. Brand jeans? I am so ridiculously jealous. I still think I want to fly out to see you just so we can go thrifting and you can teach me the ways.

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.