A moment of thanks

Yesterday I learned that I didn't win the CBS DFW Most Valuable Blogger award. Truthfully, I'm not that surprised, or even that disappointed. It was a tremendous honor to be nominated, and I continue to be grateful that I was included with bloggers who have been blogging for years and have reached success.

Today I feel it's important to take a moment and thank you, my followers and readers, for your support. I know I don't tell you often enough just how much I appreciate you. I feel honored and even a little bit overwhelmed that you take the time out of your busy days to stop by, read my posts, and leave such thoughtful comments. It thrills me when I see a comment from you in my inbox. I read them all (even the not-so-supportive ones!) and deeply appreciate the time you take to write them.

When I started blogging eight months ago, my motivation wasn't to become a popular blogger. I have always written for me, worn what I want to wear, and conducted my blog behavior as exactly as I do in real life. This blog is a true reflection of who I am. The fact that I have followers at all amazes me, because I don't think I'm all that special. The blogging world is so vast - almost oversaturated - which makes you being here all that much more wonderful. I didn't know that you all were out there when I started blogging. I didn't know that I would eventually see you as my friends in the blogosphere. And I didn't know that it would be possible to type in Blogger and feel at home.

You inspire me. Your thoughts, your criticisms, your words of support, your generosity. I didn't know that you would change my life. Dear readers, you have given me confidence and strength I never knew I would have. You make me feel like I matter. You impact my life in a way I am unable to put into words.

So thank you, readers. Know that you are appreciated, and that I am humbly grateful that you are here. And thank you for voting for me in the CBS DFW contest. I may not have won, but you give me gifts far beyond cyber awards.


9 comments:

  1. thank YOU elissa, for writing such a terrific blog! i'm so glad i found you right at the beginning of your blog journey and have been able to follow along through your success. expecting to see much more!

    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post! Winning isn't everything {although it is nice}. Feeling the kindness and support of others is far better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww xoxo we love you too! I feel the same, I'm surprised I even have followers myself because I write what I want to write about and I'm happy others want to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for giving such interesting, informative and above all human posts here, almost every day:)
    you should have won

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry you did not win. In my opinion, you are a very valuable blogger. You are always writing posts that make me think a lot about what you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is why we love you, b/c awards don't matter (and, as you said, what an honor to be nominated!). We love your blog with or without an award. Thanks for making me feel okay about being almost 30 (and that I should still care about what I look like!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are my favorite CBS Local blogger for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote my heart out for you! You are so special :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are a doll...

    i am so glad you started blogging and that i had the fortune to meet you in person.

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.