Daily Outfit 8/3/11

Thrifted J Crew silk dress; White Mountain sandals; vintage estate sale clutch; Charming Charlie bracelets; Michael Kors rose gold watch

I go thrifting at least four days a week. On three of those days, I walk out empty handed. A failed thrifting trip is a bitter pill to swallow. I question the universe when those days happen. Sometimes I get a teensy bit angry. Sometimes I feel haunted by what I didn't purchase. Maybe I should have bought that neon plaid Chaus vintage maxi skirt. How could I have left that vintage straw hat behind? And what about that black fur-trimmed evening coat? HAVE I LOST MY MIND???


But sometimes I get lucky. Such as I did when I stumbled upon this dress at a Goodwill I rarely have luck in. It fits me beautifully and makes me feel kinda like a forties movie star, all glam and sensuous and cat-like. Thought I doubt movie stars would be caught in the Goodwill. But if I ever bump into one, I'll let you know.




8 comments:

  1. Love this dress. It looks absolutely lovely on you. This post also makes me feel a bit better about my thrifting expeditions. Most of them are less than stellar trips. I think part of it is where I live. People just don't donate the good stuff around here. Oh well, it is still cheaper than shopping full price.
    No Guilt Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a fabulous thrift store find! The print is so lovely and springy... and the shape complements yours wonderfully! gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing in this dress. Goodwill rules!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is so pretty....awesome find! I have been looking for that colour clutch, I will have to make one now after seeing yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius of you to pair the darker blue accessories with the dress. Love it!!

    The Bombshell Manifesto

    ReplyDelete
  6. Movie stars might not hit the goodwill, but some of their stylists do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Moly, silk! I love the lines of that dress, it fits you to a tee.

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.