Daily Oufit 8/2/11

Thrifted Ralph Lauren dress; Vintage Martini vintage clutch; H&M sandals; Charming Charlie bracelets; Michael Kors rose gold watch

Today I realized that I've gone all summer and have only worn shorts once. I don't have anything against shorts, necessarily. They're functional, and summery, and practical (especially in this godforsaken heat we're dealing with.) But shorts and me just do not work. In shorts, my legs look, well, short. And stumpy. And pale. And I feel self-conscious and awkward and exactly like I did when I was eleven and my mother bought me a pair of green plaid shorts which she swore were cute but then I wore them to camp and learned that NO, NO THEY WERE NOT

Now, put me in a dress and I feel pretty and feminine. A dress makes me want to twirl and spin and dance with random strangers. And a dress in this color makes me feel even happier. So yes! to dresses and skirts all summer. Yes! to coral. And sorry, shorts. It's not you. It's me. I hope we can be friends.




(The exposure on these shots is wonky, I realize. I'm trying to figure out my new DSLR and obvs have no clue what I'm doing. If you've got any suggestions, don't hesitate to help me out. For real.)


12 comments:

  1. That dress looks stunning on you. Coral is a beautiful color with your red hair.
    No Guilt Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty dress and proof that red heads can wear many colors beautifully. Cool clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dresses. Especially dresses in happy colors!

    As far as suggestions for your DSLR go, I would say just play around with it. That's the best way to learn, for sure.

    The Bombshell Manifesto

    ReplyDelete
  4. First let me just say that I adore you hair color with this coral. They look amazing together. Secondly, that dress is too darn cute. Great find :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate wearing shorts too. I end up wearing jeans and I. AM. Melting this summer. I need to work more dresses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this dress and gasped. I love everything about it. The color. The puffed cap sleeves. The skirt shape. The belt. The buttons. This dress and I need to have a torrid affair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the last photo makes you look like you were using flash. You may want to look into getting a prime 35 or 50 mm lens, which will let you take photos in more lower light situations. ALternatively, mount your camera on a tripod and adjust your exposure so you don't need flash. Stay away from the flash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a total dress & skirt girl too. With this heat I find them much less constricting and less chafing than shorts or *shudder* pants.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marvelous! I do love me a shirt dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for featuring Charming Charlie in your blog!! We have added your blog to our blog mentions page on our website. It’s a page we created exclusively for showcasing Charming Charlie blog mentions!
    http://www.charmingcharlie.com/blog-mentions

    ReplyDelete
  11. What are your favorite thrifting shops in North Texas? (I'm a Plano-ite)

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.