Visual Fashion Beauty Friend Friday: Where I Blog From

This week, Suze of Miss Vinyl Ahoy is hosting Fashion Beauty Friend Friday's visual edition. The theme is "Where I Blog From." I thought it was an interesting choice of topic was happy to participate...mainly because I am a super snoop and wanted to see where everyone else blogs from. My honesty is admirable, I know.




This is my set-up - laptop, camera, iPad, cup of coffee in an extraordinarily obnoxious-sized mug that always makes me smile in the morning.





I use my iPad for research on posts, and it's been a real blessing. Mostly because if I have more than ten windows open on my laptop it throws a tantrum and crashes. I tend to write my posts a day (or more) prior to posting, and in the mornings I edit and publish. I blog from the dining room table in my breakfast room, which is located just off my kitchen, which is convenient if I'm in need of a snack. 





My breakfast room is in easy viewing of my family room, and I usually have the TV for background noise. I watch really highbrow things, like CNN and C-SPAN and PBS and last night's DVR'd episode of The Real Housewives Of Whatever City They're Filming, in which I cackle at while pounding away on my keyboard.

So that's my blogging set-up. Next you'll probably want to see my closet...but that's a post for a different day.



Where do you blog from? What do you like about your blogging spot?


13 comments:

  1. I have different set-ups depending on the time of year. Summertime I sit in the office "nook" with our Mac, coffee, the TV on and my son watching Nick Jr in another room so I can get work done. (bad parenting, I know. Good thing I'm not writing a parenting advice blog!) When school resumes, I typically take some time when I arrive at work to drink my coffee in my office, read my morning blog roll, and draft a post that I'll work on at home later on. This is exciting stuff, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh...that coffee looks good! must go make mine NOW! what a cute mug =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying snooping at other people's places :) Jealous you have an iPad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the TV on as well! :)
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com/2011/07/where-do-i-blog-from-visiual-fbff.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice and cozy. I've been in the bad habit of netbook blogging from various comfy (slouched) positions all over the house -- bed, sofa, etc. My back has rebelled, and I'm bummed that I now have to sit in one, ergonomically correct place. But you make it look more appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't blog, but I do that same sort of thing you do with your ipad on my laptop computer and desktop. XD More specifically, I end up watching things with my husband on Netflix and using the laptop to browse while not interrupting the picture for him. I'm sooo internet addicted. :P

    And, yes, indeed, I would love to see your closet, but good things are worth waiting for. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was such a brilliant idea! I wish I could've contributed, but I realized last night at about 11pm that I'd forgotten all about it. You have such a lovely set-up. I used to work with the TV on too (and my high-brow programming of choice was reruns of Friends and Everybody Loves Raymond) but I started finding myself getting distracted by it, so now I likely blog in silence or with Spotify playing some Serge Gainsbourg, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! I had to relaunch Chrome the other day and it asked if I wanted to restore 40 tabs. Uh, YEAH. But it really made me laugh. 40 tabs open? Really?
    xo, f
    The House in the Clouds

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got a great set-up going there:)). I blog from the kitchen table with the radio on in the background or my son's f*off sound system on - the alternative is bed. Bliss! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, I use the dining room table! And I like to multitask too, but that generally means listening to NPR. Wishing I had an ipad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun!!! I loved this! I"m such a snoop too :D. I absolutely love your dining table and chairs. You're welcome to drop it off at our place when you're done with them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love everything about you and you blog you ate soo good I want coffee NOW anyway please add our blog it's http://lombardigirls.blogspot.com WEEE LOOVVEE YOUUU

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers! Comments are welcomed and appreciated.