So...today I review the past week and I Smile. And I share these moments with you.
Frozen yogurt with extra fruit, coconut and extra chocolate chips - my favorite warm weather dessert. There are so many self-serve frozen yogurt places not far from my house and I don't think there's anything better that mixing up my own concoctions every week. Fruity Pebbles? Caramel sauce? Crushed Oreos and cherries? Bring it on.
A new Salvation Army opened near me this week, and it was there that I discovered an abundance of glossy vintage 1970's furs and what has to be the sequined motherlode - two things I have a deep thrifting fetish for. Cue grabby hands.
However, despite my NEED for both, it was this 1950's fox stole that went home with me. Yes, that's three foxes strung together - little heads, tails and all. Husband thought it was morbid. I consider it wondrous.
Crafting with my oldest twin Josh. We made tissue paper leaves and acorns and little animals made out of pom-poms and popsicle sticks and glitter glue. I am reminded every day that the moments we share while he's still little are too few. It's inevitable that he grows out of crafting, but for the time being, I'll take every opportunity I can get.
Violent spring and summer storms are a regular occurrence here in Texas. I'll admit that a day of rain makes me morose and introspective and eager for nothing more taxing that a nap on the couch. But a rainbow peeking through clearing skies kind of makes a stormy day worth it.
Now it's your turn: What are some things that made you smile this week? Grab my button (created by Kate of Divergent Musings - HUGE THANKS to Kate!) and blog about your Sunday smiles; share your weekly smiles in the comments; or smile just because it makes you feels good.
While I'm smiling, here's what went down on Dress With Courage this week:
- I reviewed a day spent at the Body Shop with the Dallas Fort Worth Blogger Network, and shared a special giveaway with you;
- I wore a miniskirt and committed a hideous fashion crime;
- Confessed my struggles as a control freak;
- Continued my Thrifting 101 series with a trip down the fashion timeline through the 1970's in order to help date thrifted clothes from that era;
- Shared news of my eleventh feature in IFB's Links a La Mode - this time in their Tech links;
- and answered questions regarding blog pet peeves (which I put a positive spin on) for Fashion Beauty Friend Friday.
I'd also like to take a moment and welcome all my new followers.
I'm really, really happy you're here. As always, you make me smile too. If you're visiting my blog for the first time, please think about follow me through Google Friend Connect, tweeting with me on Twitter, or becoming a Facebook fan.