I spent the past week completely trapped in my house due to the horrific weather we had here in Dallas. Yesterday I was finally able to escape, and finally managed get my hair cut (I was starting to resemble the Wolfman - my hair gets really, really bushy if I go too long without a trim. I felt gross.) I also made a visit Northpark Center and curled into the stacks with a pile of books at the flagship Half Price Books on Northwest Highway, one of my favorite places in Dallas. Is there anything better than spending an evening reading in a bookstore? I think not.
If there was one good thing about being trapped at home this week, it was the opportunity to concentrate on blogging. Here are some highlights:
- I continued my Thrifting 101 series with tips regarding how to shop at a thrift store;
- fantasized how an average woman would pull off Christian Dior's spring collection;
- was inspired by the True Grit silhouette;
- dressed like a goth adolescent preparing for her Bat Mitzvah;
- gushed about my feature in this week's IFB Links a la Mode;
- wore a yellow cardigan to fight against snowy weather doldrums;
- and answered questions regarding determining blog content for Fashion Beauty Friend Friday.