I've spent the last week once again trapped in the house due to lousy weather and suffering from the Sinus Infection From Hell. Every winter I get struck down by what seems to be a government lab-created superbug that's impervious to all medical intervention, including antibiotics, chicken noodle soup and (my favorite cure) whiskey. It starts simply enough - a sniffle here, an achy throat there, and before I know it I'm a snot-dripping, hacking, feverish cripple at the doctor's office getting a steroid shot in the ass. Which I assure you is about as fun as it sounds.
While stuck indoors whining about my pounding head and continued days of apocalyptic weather, I managed to squeak out a few blog posts:
- I tackled oppression and personal style and wore a bold printed coat;
- Faced a terrifying internet diagnosis in a preppy outfit;
- Examined gleeful meteorologists and a Chloe dress in a snow-related freak-out;
- Shared my first blogger spotlight with the lovely and stylish Carrie of La Rizada;
- Continued my thrifting 101 series with a list of thrifting tips for the clothing snob;
- Answered questions regarding color and personal style for Fashion Beauty Friend Friday;
- and wore wintry layers while fantasizing about being a Russian princess.
I've really, really enjoyed reading everyone's comments (please keep 'em coming!) and am especially thankful to have so many new followers! You have no idea how much your feedback and interest means to me. If you're visiting my blog for the first time, please consider becoming a follower, tweeting with me on Twitter, or becoming a Facebook fan. I get embarrassingly, ridiculously excited when reading a new comment or gaining a follower, and I appreciate you all so much!